The following video is a recording training session on customer credit card processing.
Learn how to:
Basics of Card Processing and PCI Compliance
Performing Authorize Only transactions
Performing Authorize and Charge transactions
Re-using previously used credit cards
Viewing/Deleting Customer Cards
Emailing and/or Printing Payment Receipts
Connected has been equipped with a direct integration with the BluePay payment gateway. Users can process credit cards from within Connected, provided that they have an account with BluePay.
BluePay is an all-in-one service provider and provides both a merchant account and payment gateway service for each account. To sign up for a BluePay account visit http://www.bluepay.com/accountek-partner-page
Enable Credit Card Processing with BluePay
Warning: If credit processing is enabled, the Credit Card Tab in all A/R windows will be removed and the data no longer visible. The Credit Card tab will be replaced in select windows for the purposes of payment processing only.
To enable the BluePay credit card processing, please contact Connected Technical Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (888) 414-2196 for the unlocking code. Once the unlocking code has been entered, the following message will appear:
BluePay Card Processing Setup
The BluePay setup is done for each bank account or Connected bank code that a user would like to accept payments into. By linking the account to a specific bank, companies are able to support multiple payment gateway accounts for such things as multiple currencies. To enter the BluePay processing credentials"
- Select Setup from the G/L menu and choose Banks
- Click on the Bank Code that you want to edit and click Modify
- Enter the API Login ID and Transaction Key in the "BluePay Gateway Credentials" section, as shown in the following screen:
4. Click the checkmark icon or press Enter to save the changes.
NOTE: The API Login ID and Transaction Key are both provided by BluePay. If you are unsure or do not have this information, contact BluePay to find your unique login information.
Processing Customer Credit Card Payments
Processing of credit cards can be done in three ways:
- Using the A/R Receipts window. A credit card can be processed for any receipt type (Normal, Miscellaneous, or One-Time)
- Using the Sales Order window "Charge Credit Card" action. This will add a Miscellaneous type receipt that is linked to a customers order
- Using the Accounts Invoice window "Charge Credit Card" action. This will add a Miscellaneous type receipt that is linked to the customers invoice.
Each method is explained in the following sections.
Processing Credit Cards from the A/R Receipts Window
To process a payment by credit card in the Receipts window:
- Add the customer payment in the receipts window. Since a receipt number is required, entering the card type (Visa, MC, Amex) may be helpful.
- After the receipt is entered, click the checkmark icon or press ENTER to save.
- Select the Charge Credit Card option from the Actions menu.
4. If it is a NEW CARD, enter the credit card details and other information as needed. To charge an existing card, see the CHARGING PREVIOUSLY USED CUSTOMER CREDIT CARDS section later in this document.
BluePay can be customized to require specific fields in some cases and in others those same fields are not required. For example, a user may chose to require an email address while others may not. Settings for required fields are done with the BluePay customer portal and then used by Connected. Click the Charge Card button when complete, as shown below.
NOTE: For a charge to be processed, the computer must have a live connection to the Internet to communicate with BluePay.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article