NOTE: The following article describes some features available only in Connected 11.0 or higher.
The Reminder function in Connected lets users record reminders against specific records. For example, one time or recurring reminders can be created against a Customer or a specific customer Invoice. Reminders can be set in all windows that support Connected Notes, which are virtually in all screens in Connected.
- Users will only see reminders and hyperlinks for those areas/screens that they have access to.
- Reminders can be snoozed or dismissed.
- Reminders are specific to a user.
- Reminders can be assigned to specific users.
- The details of a Reminder can be printed from both the Reminder Notification Window, and from the actual reminder in the Notes window.
To learn how Connected Reminders can be used, several examples are explained below.
- Reminder Notification Window
- Example 1: Adding A Reminder for a Specific Customer
- Example 2: Adding A Reminder to a Specific Sales Quote
- Example 3: Setting A Repeating Reminder
- Snooze, Dismiss, and Marking Reminders Complete
Reminder Notification Window
The Reminder Notification window can be opened at anytime while using Connected and will appear after the Logon window, if there are current and/or overdue reminders. The Reminder Notifications window uses color coded clock icons to indicate overdue (red) current (green) and future (blue).
The window will show different filters and categories. A user can see reminders broken down into:
- Due Now
New in Connected 11, is the ability to assign tasks to other users. They will show in the "Assigned by me" filter.
Open the Reminder Notifications Window
The Reminder Notification window can be opened in four different ways:
1) Select "Notifications" from the File menu.
2) Use the following fast key combinations:
Windows PC: CTRL+SHIFT+R
3) Click the "Reminders" icon in the Connected Desktop window
4) When logging in to Connected, the Reminder Notification window will appear for any users who have reminders assigned to them.
Example 1: Adding A Reminder for a Specific Customer
The following is an example of how to add a reminder to a specific customer.
Locate the Customer using the Find in the Customers window, the Customer Query window (used in this example), or by clicking the Customer hyperlink on a record (Account Invoice, Order...etc)
Reference: Using Connected Query Windows
In the following screenshot, we have highlighted the customer "Sky Delivery Inc" that has a large past due balance.
To add a reminder, click the "Notes" icon while the customer is highlighted, to open Customer Notes for that specific customer
1) Click Add
2) In the "Reminder" section add a "Due" date. Once a date is added, the Note automatically becomes a reminder.
3) Make a "Repeat" selection. This will default to "Non-repeating" but can be changed by using the pull down menu to select an interval. If repeating is selected, the number of repeats required can be specified.
4) If Attachments to Notes has been enabled drag or link any files that may be relevant to the the Reminder
Below is an example of a Reminder set to follow up with this Customer in 2 days.
Below is an example of how the Reminder will look in the Reminder Notification Window. Since it is set to occur in the future, it will show up under the Future tab.
Example 2: Adding A Reminder to a Specific Sales Quote
In this example, the Sales Quotes Ledger is used to identify quotes that are expiring in the next month. A reminder can help ensure a follow up call/email is made prior to the quote expiring.
To add a reminder to a selected Sales Quote:
1) Select the Sales Quote you want to add a reminder to,
2) Click the Notes Icon at the top right of the screen.
3) The Notes window for that specific Sales Quote will open.
4) Click Add
5) Enter in the details of the reminder, and when done, press the green checkmark to save the note with the reminder. In this example, the reminder has been assigned to Clay Lowry by Rachel Green.
Since this reminder was set in the future, it will show up in the Future Tab on the Reminder Notification window.
Example 3: Setting A Repeating Reminder
In this example, a repeating reminder is added to a Vendor to review, prepare, and remit monthly sales taxes.
1) Locate the Vendor using the Find in the Vendors window or the Vendor Query window.
2) Click the Notes icon at the top of the screen.
3) The Notes window for the Vendor will open.
4) Click add and record the details of the reminder, as shown in the following screen.
In this example, the first occurrence is March 15th, repeating Monthly, with 60 occurrences.
This reminder will now show in the Reminders Notification window under the "Future" for the user Rachel Green.
Snooze, Dismiss, and Marking Reminders Complete
Snoozing A Reminder
Sometimes a reminder will need to be delayed to a future date. To move a reminder so it still open but still incomplete, use the "Snooze" option. Reminders can be snoozed for a number of days, weeks, or months into the future.
To Snooze a reminder:
1) Select the reminder to be snoozed from the Reminder Notification window.
2) Fill in the desired information at the bottom. In this example, this reminder is being snoozed for 1 month.
3) When done entering the snooze information, press the Snooze button. The reminder will now move from the Current tab, to the Future Tab.
NOTE: If the snooze interval did not push the date past the current system date, the reminder will still appear under the "Current" tab as either current or overdue.
Dismissing a Reminder/Marking Complete
When a reminder is dismissed, it is also marked as complete. If a reminder is dismissed in error, the original can always be opened, edited, and reset so the reminder is no longer completed.
To dismiss a reminder, marking as complete, highlight it in the "Reminder Notifications" window and click "Dismiss", as shown in the following screen.
The reminder will now show as Completed in the Notes window with a dark gray icon.
NOTE: Once a reminder is marked as "Completed" it will no longer show in the Reminder Notifications window.
If the reminder was dismissed by mistake, click Modify on the Note and uncheck the "Completed" checkbox. Once the note is saved, the reminder will be open again and the color will change to green, red, or blue depending on the due date.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article