There are certain documents that may need to be sent in a group (aka batch) versus one at a time. Connected has taken traditional reports that were used for printing large batches of documents, like invoices, and updated them to support delivery by email.
The following reports currently support this feature:
- A/R Invoices
- Customer Statements
- Payment Advices (Vendor)
All batch email, within a report, works the same way. An example of how to batch email customer invoices is explained in the following section.
Batch Email of Customer Invoices
- Open the Invoices report screen.
- Choose "Email" from the Send to drop down menu, as shown in the following screen.
- Make a Customer and Invoices selection.
- Choose to include both "Account Invoices" and/or "Credit Memos". Quick Invoices and Debit Memos cannot be emailed using this method.
- Choose an invoice State by selecting "Unsent only" or "Both sent/unsent". Once the email message has been created for an invoice, the "Email Delivery" check box in the Account Invoices and Credit Memos window will display "Email Delivery sent". If the invoice is modified the check box is disabled and cannot be changed.
- Choose to generate emails for Posted or Unposted invoices.
- Click the Print button to open the following Email Preview window which will list all the invoices to be sent.
- Any of the invoices being sent can be viewed by clicking the invoice number hyperlink in the "Document" heading. This will open a PDF copy of the invoice.
- Click the Email icon to open the Contacts window for the specific customer and select email addresses. You can select and/or change the email recipients for the invoice to be sent, which is shown in the following screen.
- Select an email Template from the pull down menu. If one is not available, it can be added or edited on the fly.
- If specific invoices are not to be sent, uncheck the checkbox under the "send" column on the right side of the window.
- Select the Add note with email details checkbox to log a note of the email text. If "File Attachments to Notes" has been enabled and configured, a copy of the invoice sent will also be linked to the note.
- When completed, click the Send Message button to generate individual email messages with the default email client or Cancel to abort.