The following topics are discussed in this section:
- Introduction to Connected Email Templates
- Adding an Email Template
- Example: Using Email Template for Customer Invoices
- Sample Invoice Email Template - Plain Text (Windows)
- Sample Invoice Email Template - HTML (macOS)
Introduction to Connected Email Templates
Before getting started with emailing documents, a lot of time can be saved by using Connected email templates. Multiple email templates can be stored in each screen within Connected. For example, several different versions of a customer invoice email template can be saved within the Account Invoice screen.
There are a number of different ways to use email templates:
- Multiple email templates can be added/modified/stored in most screens in Connected. For example, when sending an invoice to a customer, choose from a standard template or a "past due" template that has been created.
- Create email templates with field tags such as invoice number, amount, date, customer name, and many more.
- Link specific forms to email templates so they are sent by default with the email. For example, a customized invoice or sales order.
- Change/customize a default form file name so that the custom naming convention is applied to the file attachment.
- Email templates support plain and html format. Note: HTML works best on macOS version of MS Outlook.
The following sections explain how to add and then use an email template for Customer Invoices.
To create an email template for Account Invoices:
1) Open the Account Invoices window.
2) Locate an existing invoice. A template cannot be added unless an invoice record is on screen.
3) Click the "Address Email Message" option from the Email menu, as shown below.
4) To create the new template, click the "Use Email Template" checkbox, followed by the green add symbol, as shown below.
5) Enter the following information:
-Select an "Attachment Form" so that the specific form is always included with the email
-Accept the default or provide an "Attachment File Name Prefix"
-Enter the Email "Subject" and "Message"
-Select to "Add Note with Details" if the text of the email should be recorded in the Invoices Notes. NOTE: If file attachments are enabled, the PDF of the invoice sent will also be stored in the note
An example of the location of these fields is shown in the following screen:
6) When completed, click the green checkmark to Save and add the new template.
To create an email using an email template:
1) Locate the invoice record that should be emailed in the Account Invoice window.
2) Click the "Address Email Message" option from the Email menu, as shown below.
3) If not already selected, choose "Use email templates" and select one from the list. NOTE: Connected will remember the last selection if the template was used previously.
4) Select "Customer Contacts" and/or "Company Contacts" to include on the email. If applicable, click the "Other Recipients" tab and enter an email address that is not stored as a Contact.
5) When completed choose one of the following options:
- Send Now: Send the message directly to your Outbox. It is recommended using this only after confirming the format of your template(s)
- Compose: Will open up a copy of the email for review. The email can be edited prior to sending
- Done: Cancels the process and closes the window.
Acme Inc Invoice#[ARIN_INVNUM]
Please find the attached invoice for your goods and services.
Please contact us with any questions.
Acme Inc. Customer Service
Acme Inc Invoice#[ARIN_INVNUM]
Please find the attached invoice for your goods and services <br>
Date: [ARIN_INVDATE] <br>
Inv No: [ARIN_INVNUM] <br>
Please contact us with any questions. <br>
Acme Inc. Customer Service <br>