The Payment Advice report is typically used to Email or create PDF copies of Payment Advices.
A “payment advice” is a remittance advice document sent by a customer to a vendor/supplier to inform the supplier that their invoice(s) have been paid. If the customer is paying by check, the payment advice often is the check stub. In the case of electronic payments (EFT/ACH), the payment advice is the notification or supplement that is provided to the vendor which outlines the invoices and amounts paid.
Connected’s payment advice can be used for all vendors and payments or just select ones that are marked as EFT Vendors (Electronic Funds Transfer). The report can be used to both print or E-mail the Payment Advice form. In addition to the batch/bulk E-mail delivery of payment advices, which is explained in the following section, this report can be used to generate and store a record of vendor payments in a PDF or traditional printed format.
The payment advice report can be used to print a single payment advice or to batch email many payment advices. Payment advices can also be printed and/or emailed directly from the Payments window.
Batch Email Payment Advices
To batch email a group of payment advices:
1) Open the Payment Advices report from the A/P Reports menu.
2) Choose “Email” from the Send to drop down menu.
3) Make a Bank, Vendor, and Payments Date selection.
4) Choose to include EFT Export Vendors only checkbox. This is applicable if batch emailing the payment advices.
5) Click the Print button to open the following Email Preview window that will list all the payment advices to be sent.
6) Any of the payment advices being sent can be viewed by clicking the hyperlink under the “Document” heading. Click the Email icon to open the Contacts window for the specific vendor and verify and/or select additional email addresses.
7) If specific payment advices are not to be sent, uncheck the checkbox under the “Send” column on the right side of the window to ignore a specific entry.
8) Choose from Templates in the bottom part of the window. Choose or modify a pre-existing template or add a new one. Reference: Using Email Templates
9) Click the Add note with email details checkbox to log a note of the email communication within the Payment record. If Connected File Attachments are being used, a copy of the PDF will also be logged into the note. An example of how this note appears is shown in the following screen:
When completed, click the Send Message button to generate individual email messages with your default email client or Cancel to abort.