A common use of the Email function in Connected is to send a PDF copy of a customer invoice, vendor Purchase Order, and Customer Statements
If there is a company email in the Customer/Vendor setup window, it will be available to select when emailing. Contacts can also be added on the Customer/Vendor setup window by selecting Email, and the Open Customer/Vendor Contacts Window.
Below is the process to attach a PDF copy of and invoice to an email message without using an email template
Emailing an A/R invoice to a Customer
- Locate the invoice to be sent via Find.
- Click the Email icon, then select Address Email Message.
The Address Email Message window will open up.
NOTE: The email can also be composed using the default email program selected in setup by clicking the Compose button.
- Select the contacts and sending options in the Customer Contacts area. Choose from To, CC, or BCC. Only contacts with a checkbox in one of these areas will be included as message recipients.
- Select any internal contacts from the Company Contacts tab if applicable.
- Select the Attachment Form
- Rename the attachment in the Attachment File Name field, or leave blank to use the default file name.
- Enter a Subject for the email.
- Compose a message for the email to be sent in the Message field.
- Select the Add note with email details checkbox if you want a note added to the Invoice being sent. Click to read more about the Notes feature: Adding Notes in Connected
- Once all selections and info are entered, press Send Now to move straight to your Outbox or Compose to open and view the email, prior to sending.
- Click Done to close the email window.