There are four types of Vendor Aging reports that you can generate: Summary, Detailed, History, and Backdated. Each vendor will have their total balance, as well as a breakdown of that balance in the current 30, 60, and 90 day classifications, or by the aging periods specified in the A/P Defaults window.
This report is commonly used for two reason:
- To generate a list of unpaid bills to help manage cash flow. For example, the report can be set to view only by the vendors that have invoices older than 30 days, so payment priority can be made.
- For month or year-end reconciliation. Using the backdated report option is quite useful for generating an aged listing to use for reconciliation purposes.
The Vendor Aging Report appears as shown in the following screen:
There are 5 different report types to choose from:
- Summary: Displays the total outstanding amounts for each vendor in each aging category on a single line.
- Detailed: Generates a list of unpaid purchases, by vendor, in the agin categories. Unapplied Purchase Debits and Prepayments will also be listed.
- History: Provides a list of all purchases, all debits, as well as a list of all the purchases that have been paid off.
- Detailed Back Dated: Generates the aging report as of a specific date. This is useful to view outstanding payables at a previous point in time. This is a detailed report, showing one line per outstanding transaction, as of the date specified.
- Summary Back Dated: Summarizes the back dated report. It will print a single line per vendor vs a single line per open transaction.
- Vendor: Choose All Vendors, Range of Vendors, or Analysis Code and enter a valid vendor analysis code.
- Purchase Invoice Selection: All Invoices or Invoices older than __days and specific the number of days. The second selection is particularly useful for printing all of the outstanding payables that are older than a certain date.
- Sorting Options: The default sort is by Vendor Code, with options for Vendor Name or A/P Account. Sorting by A/P Account can assist the reconciliation when Multiple Currencies are used.
TIP: The Vendor Aging report has a special flattened export version that can be sent to spreadsheet and text file only. This version does not have totals or subtotals and includes additional columns such as "Due Date", "Aging Days", "Vendor Analysis Code", " A/P Account", "Term Code", "Term Code Description", "Job Number", "Job Name", and "Job Customer". To generate this flattened export, run the report with the same setting selected as shown in the following screen: