This article introduces you to the report interface and various outputs that are available in Connected.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Report Window Interface
Most Connected reports windows are equipped with a number of additional features, including support for Notes, the ability to change the report window color, and one-click access to My Places. A sample of the location of these features, using the Customer Aging report, is shown in the following screen:
Report Output Options
Connected reports have several output options: Printer, Screen (default), PDF, Preview (macOS only), Text File, Spreadsheet, Email, Notes, and My Reports.
Each of these is explained below, except My Reports.
- Printer is available for all reports
- Screen is available for all reports
- PDF is available for all reports on both macOS and PC. When the PDF output is selected most reports can optionally be encrypted with a password, as shown in the following screens. When a password is added, the PDF file cannot be opened unless the correct password is entered.
- Preview is available for macOS users only and send the report output to the Preview app.
- Text File is available for all reports. This option will generate a tab delimited text file and prompt the user for a file name and destination to save.
- Spreadsheet is available for all reports but requires a supported version of Microsoft Excel be available. Please refer to the Connected System Requirements for information on supported versions of Excel.
- Email is available for select reports, which print forms, and is used for batch email. For example, Customer Invoices and/or Statements. Click for more information on Batch Emailing
- Notes: If the "Note Attachments" has been enabled in the Company Setup>General Setup window, reports can be attached within the Notes of that report. In this scenario, the PDF file must be encrypted to be saved as a Note.
The report attachment will appear in the report window's Notes, as shown in the following screen.
Print Window Reports
Any screen, ledger, or query that has a print icon will also produce a "report" that can be printed in various ways. There are also some shortcut options depending on what window is being printed.
For example, a Customer Activity Ledger can be printed (to printer/spreadsheet/screen/PDF).
In the below screenshot, you can see the print outputs available from the Print Icon. In addition, there is also a shortcut to print an individual customers statement directly from the window.
Here is what a screen print of the Customers Window would look like.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article