This article explains how to setup a new user account in Connected on Demand using macOS.
NOTE: The minimum system requirements are macOS 10.11 or greater for Remote Desktop Version 10.
Configure Your User Account
1) Visit https://hosted.accountek.com.
2) You will be prompted for a login name and password. Your login is your email address. Your temp password is provided by the Connected Support Department.
3) Once you log in click the "Change Password" link as it will be required. This is shown in the following screen.
PLEASE NOTE: A password must be at least 10 characters in length and have one upper case letter and one number. Unless specifically requested otherwise, user passwords must be changed once every 180 days.
5) Once you have changed your password successfully, click OK to return to the login screen.
6) Close your web browser and proceed to the next section.
Download and Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop App
To access Connected on Demand you will need to download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. The following steps will instruct you on how to access your session using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
PLEASE NOTE: If this is your first time logging into the Connected on Demand environment and you have not yet created your own password, you will need to do so prior to proceeding with the set up instructions below. You will not be able to access Connected on Demand without doing this step.
1) Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the Mac App Store.
2) Once downloaded and installed, click and open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
3)You will see the following screen. Click on the "gear" icon and then Preferences.
4) On the Preferences window click on General and then click Choose Folder from the dropdown under "If folder redirection...".
5) Use Shift + Command + H to select the users Home Folder or select the Home Folder from the Dropdown and click Choose.
6) On the Preferences window click on User Accounts and then click on the + sign to access the Add User Account pop-up.
7) Fill in your User Name and Password in the Add User Account pop-up and click Save.
8) Close the Preferences window to return to the main screen.
9) Click on the + sign to add a new Remote Resources.
10) Fill in provided URL (https://hosted.accountek.com/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx). Click "Find Feed".
11) Select your account and click "Add Feed".
12) Double click on your new Remote Resource to log into the hosted environment.
You have now successfully set up access to your RDP Connected on Demand environment on your Mac.
How to Sign In:
- You will always use the Microsoft Remote Desktop application to access your hosted session.
- Once you have set up access by completing the above steps, you can simply launch the Microsoft Remote Desktop application and select your Remote Desktop from the Remote Resources list (shown in Step 12) for future logins.