Microsoft has recently announced that their Remote Desktop v8 app will be deprecated and no longer available for download on the Mac app store as of September 1, 2018. Click here to view the announcement.
The app will appear with the following banner as of August 10, 2018:
The following article explains how to update from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 to Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.
NOTE: Before starting this process, please ensure you have your user name and password for the Connected on Demand remote connection
1) Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 from the Mac app store.
2) Open Microsoft Remote Desktop 10
3) Once the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 is open, click the "Import from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8" option from the "Connections" menu, as shown in the following screen:
4) The following message will appear when the import is completed:
5) The new connections will be either under the "Desktops" or the "Apps" tab. Most Connected on Demand connections will appear under the "Apps" tab, as shown in the following screen.
Click here for more information on how to setup a new Mac computer for access with Connected on Demand